Friday, September 02, 2011

QUOTE five

"Not really.."

SPOILER ALERT: this is going to be a post full of angst. 
When people ask a question, say.. "does it hurt?" or "are you hungry?", the answer should always, and i really mean always be either a "yes" or a "no".
Not a "not really". It ticks me off a little.

Why?

Think of it this way.
I'D HAVE TO THINK WHETHER IT'S A YES OR A NO. And it's really difficult when you look hurt or hungry, and i pity you, then i think... wait, you said "not really" so that makes you... not hurt/hungry? but then again.. that means yes. ohhhhh... Why don't you just give me a proper reply?



Gosh what a headache.


Yet, even though i dislike those who say it, I myself say it sometimes. Cause i just don't know whether to spill the entire truth. But mostly i use it on my mom...
"Was dinner good?" i still love her and some of her cooking... some, but her heart simply can't take the plain truth.
or anyone asking if i have a crush on a particular person.
"Do you like so-and-so?" I'll smile shyly and say, "Not really." But that rarely happens. Cause i rarely have crushes. I'm too good for myself. Spoken like a true-blue narcissist. Not good. 
But PLEASEE... if  anything light and nothing personal was intended in the question... why cant you just say "yes" or "no"? It cannot get any simpler than that.

No comments: