Thursday, October 27, 2011

QUOTE twentyfive

"We'll keep in touch, yes?"

I recall my younger days, the transition from junior high, to high school, then to college. The number of friends I have lost from the change in school. And with every farewell hugs, parties and send-off, through all the tears and sobs of parting, we always say we'll keep in contact. Through whatever means possible, a random email, a facebook poke, an awkward phone call, or sometimes, we don't even try. Which are you?

But we all know all of these doesn't make the friendship like how it was previously. Everything has less sincerity. To me, "we'll keep in touch" shouldn't be something to be said. It should be something done, the minute that person will be leaving. Posting constant letters, going over to his/her state or country if he/she migrated, meeting up as and when possible. 

I am guilty, of asking this question, and yet not contacting my friends even when they're in the same college as me. Nothing's ever too late!

No comments: